Alright, so I took a few days off for no particular reason, but I've been urged to write another one from Nina at work. Even though she hasn't even written her first post since the day she first told me about it. Tomorrow's the day though, tomorrow's the day.
So let's see..had a party last night..pretty good turn out I'd say. I was the only one here for like an hour or so until Vance showed up. Then he left to go pick up his guitar from Georgetown and I was home alone again! Not for long, however, as Brad pulled up pretty close thereafter. When Brad got here, there were 6 or so cop cars lined up infront of my apartment complex. Vance told me he saw like 3 or 4 when he pulled up, but apparently more had come since then. I went out back while Brad was parking in the garage, and noticed a woman was being arrested down the complex a bit. Another car coming to the party informed me that yet another man was arrested as well, so I don't know what the deal was. Not long after that everyone started to arrive and the party went on into the wee hours of the night. It's nice living with musicians because before you know it we've got the guitars, drums, maracas and other instruments going at full stride in a jam session. I brought my bass from my parents house last night too, so that was an added bonus. All in all it was a good time with good people. That's really all that matters =]
Tonight the band went to Music lab so I've been chillin here at the apartment ever since I got off work. I was thinking of going to my brothers, and maybe even going to my friend's birthday party, but I really didn't feel like drinking, and figured I'd probably end up calling my brother tomorrow anyway, so I chose to stay at home and enjoy the quietness. I was listening to music earlier, and even made a new Myspace playlist, but it's quiet now. Thinking mode..
I also decided that I'm gonna start drawing again, so that should be cool. School starts in 10 days, and I'm now the only person at my position at work, so I'll probably be pretty busy coming up. If not with school and work, definitely with other hobbies of mine. And I'm making time for them no matter what, because life isn't all about work. There must be an even balance in work and play to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Just like you need me time. And that's what I'm getting now..a time to express my thoughts in whatever manner I choose - whether it be this blog, writing in some other form such as poems or songs, putting it down on paper as some form of art, or simply creating a movie..I have all at my disposal, and I tend to utilize each to their potential.
So if I haven't lost you yet, what's going on in your life? What did you make as a new years resolution? Or simply what goals do you have in life? You remember from my last blog that you're not to live in the future, and to live in the now and not try and feel as if you need to be somewhere else, so how's that working out for you? Is there anything bothering you in life right now that, if lifted off your shoulders, would make life a lot easier? If so, what? And what can you do to overcome them? That's where my mindset's at right now..and that's how I try to live my life. "Stay positive and love your life." My life motto..and to do that, you've gotta relieve all the stress and negative energy. Try that for the next week and see how you feel this time next week. Also eat healthier..that's a big'n. Or eat period for some of you people out there. Plenty of fruit and veggies, that's what they say..
So to close, I just wanna let you all know that unless you saw the moon tonight you missed seeing it at its largest moment of '09. Also its brightest. It was closest to earth in its rotation if you couldn't figure it out by my description. So with that, I'm gonna turn back on the music and continue my night in solitude. Peace!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First:
ReplyDeleteBefore I continue reading, I must address one thing.
I'm pretty sure it was me that told you about blogging and how awesome it was (way before your little work friend).
And, I'm pretty sure that you made fun of me and blogging and said it was a big waste of time.
Yep. Just had to make sure that was on the record.
Livin' in the now and enjoying every last second of it.
ReplyDelete=)